Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Seat Belt Bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mechted, Feb 21, 2005.

1. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone know the bolt size and pitch that holds down the seat belts on the rear of a 73 Blazer? (the middle 2 bolts)

one of the POs sealed the hole with silicone, so i need to buy a tap and new bolts for the middle positions

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Those are 1/2 x 13 tpi

Watch the bolt length you choose, there are tin caps on the underside you can push through if you use too long a bolt. Also best to buy a bottoming tap for that, just in case you weren't aware there are different types.

Rene

3. mechted

actually, i dont think they're 1/2 - 13 (have the tap, tried it, no go), the 2 that only hold down seatbelts seem to be smaller... like maybe 7/16?

... maybe this is another "73 only" thing?

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The floor and rear half of my Jimmy is a '73...

I just went and checked and all 10 holes back there are 1/2" x 13 tpi. 6 are for the seat (2 up front, 4 for the back of the seat) the reamost 4 I have no idea what they were for but they are in a square pattern. drivers side and behind the back seat.

Rene

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Maybe for the spare tire mount :confused:

Anyway, if you just have silicone in the holes I would try just running a bolt through it. It's not going to mess up the threads and it might even make it help hold the bolt in place, sort of like a thread locker. Most of the silicone may just come out all together.

6. mechted

well, i checked it out today, and they ended up being 7/16 -14. Bolts fit perfectly once i ran a tap through... so maybe my truck is weird or something...:confused: