Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seat belt ideas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Aug 13, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I recently installed an interior from a 1990 Jimmy SLE [​IMG] in my 81 Jimmy. Quite an improvement over the old crap that was in there. My question is have any of you done this? If you have what did you do for rear seat belts? I guess the '90 model has shoulder belts with the retractors in the half top. I don't have a half top for a '90 and I don't feel like buying one, I'm going to go with the Kayline soft-top on a permanent basis. So do you think I would be able to find some retractors out there (lap belt) that would work with the seat belt parts that are part of the seat?

Rene 81 Jimmy,350,SM465/NP205,FF14 bolt,HD Dana 44,3.73's,4"susp.,35"Grabber MT's,body in progress

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Do you have the seat belts that came in it originally? I think you can get some from JC Whitney. Also did the 90 interior have armrests for the back seat on the wheelwell or the kind attached to the seat? The ones on mine are on the wheelwell and I have never seen another K5 with them so I think it might be custom.

90K5

3. tRustyK5

<font color=green>No I don't have the armrests. The old seat had the arm rests on it. Part of the deal was the old seat went to the guy I got the new stuff off of. The old seat had seat belt retractors built into the seat and the adjustable one in the middle seat position. The new seat has the same adjustable seat belt in the middle and the female ends but no retractors.</font color=green>

Rene <font color=red> 81 K-20 Jimmy </font color=red>
    <font color=green>[​IMG]"God hates a coward"</font color=green>[​IMG]

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

90K5, my '90 Jimmy has armrests that attach to the wheelwells with velcro.

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I bought some aftermarket belts for my blazer from pepboys years ago for about $20 apeice.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

6. tRustyK5

How did you make sure that the seat belts you got from <font color=red> Pepboys </font color=red> plugged in to the other end properly? Or did the ones you bought come with both ends? Is it easy to mount the female end of the seat belt to the seat? Sorry for all the questions but these belts are for my daughters.

Rene <font color=red> 81 K-20 Jimmy </font color=red>
    <font color=green>[​IMG]"God hates a coward"</font color=green>[​IMG]