Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Seat Brackets

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChrisM72beast, Apr 1, 2002.

1. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Just bought a rear seat w/o brackets. I'm hoping someone out there has got some. If you got some or can make some let me know.

Thanks, Chris M

2. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

I've heard the rear seat brackets are harder to find than the actual seat. Watch out too because the Suburban seat is supposedly the same and fits in the blazer. What is different from the Suburban seat and the Blazer seat is the height of the bracket. The bracket on the Suburban seat will be much higher than that on the Blazer. Just make sure you pick up the right bracket unless you are going to have one made. Not sure if ya allready knew that...

ak7

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

the back bolts into the holes already there if yours hadf one before. the front is like an electrical conduit holder. They work very well too. I thjink its the 3/4 inch one. You can get it a ny hardware store. Looks like a half circle with a handle

nathan

4. Bill4rest

Bill4rest 1/2 ton status

What is the height difference? I think mine might have come out of a Burban but not sure. You do "feel" hight but if it where any lower your knees would be over your head.

5. ak7

ak7 Registered Member

I wish I knew the actual specs for you but I don't. There is a guy out in my area who owns a 67-72 truck parts shop. He was the person who originally warned me about the diff in brackets when I was searching for a rear seat. I'm sure if you gave him a call he might be able to have some measurements for you. Vintage Chevy in Fremont, CA. 510-651-5874

ak7

6. Bill4rest

Bill4rest 1/2 ton status

Thanks---