Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seat for 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by homemadesin, May 11, 2003.

1. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

Have: 2nd Gen back seat and a '72 K5
    Need: 1st Gen back seat and mounting h/w

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I am not sure if this might work or not, but I have a rear seat from a '74 burb in decent shape for sale. I don't know how first gen seats mount, but this seat bolts to the floor in 4 points.

I would be willing to swap straight across for your 2nd gen rear. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Check with board member Kilomanjaro. I bought a very nice seat from him. He had several others at the time and his prices were reasonable. The only thing missing was the clips that hold down the front of the seat. I bought those from PICKMUP on 67-72chevytrucks.com

4. LucasJ03

LucasJ03 1/2 ton status

I have an orig. white vinyl with no tears but I'm not sure I want to sell it. What are you looking to pay for one? Pm me or email me at lucasj03@msn.com.

5. homemadesin

Okie: thanks, but from what I saw in the j'yards, the 'burb and blazer had similar set-ups (i.e. what I have alrady).

6. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

The seat I have doe not mount like my sec. gen. seat, this seat has four flat feet the bolt to the floor. My sec gen seat has bolts in the front and hooks on the back to release it. This seat is not a fold and tumble seat like my sec gen seat is. I don't if that helps any or not. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. bouncytruck

Just an FYI, some first gen seats have four rear mounting brackets and some have only two. If you get a seat with four brackets and your truck only has two postitions, you'll have to jimmy-rig some seat belt mounts. My truck has four postitions for bolting the seat down but the seat I bought only has two brackets. I have two extras and I'm just going to use those to attach the seat belts.

8. homemadesin

My ride has the four bolt holes in the back, and two in the front. The 2nd gen (I'm guessing) seat I have had four feet, spacedthe same in front and rear. It looked exacly like one or two I saw in 2nd gen's in the j'yard.

9. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

A Further FYI .. If you have the two foot seat, you can use the other two (inner) holes to bolt up the seat belts

10. bouncytruck

Chris_T, I'm just going to use the "feet" in the center holes and bolt the seat belts to them They won't be actually attached to the seat though.

11. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

That's what I did .. I have a 2 'foot' seat with 4 holes in the truck. The outer belt mounts are bolted to the 'feet' and the inner belt mounts are bolted directly to the floor where the inside 'feet' would go