Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seat hold down

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Triaged, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The rear seat on mine is only atached in the rear (by 4 bolts). It has nothing holding it in the front. It seams that it would flop all over the place (bad with people sitting in it). Are yours held down? How? I was thinking about just U-bolts but I would like to be able to remove it without crawling under it. Any sugestions?

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

That is how mine was! I duno if my rear seat is stock or not but it only bolted to the floor at the rear with two carrige bolts!
    I too didn't want the back seat to flop backwards so I got two Ubolts and bolted down the front too and now that seat ain't goin no were!! I would doit before you regret it!
    .02c

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

3. SilverJim

SilverJim 1/2 ton status

Hell, when I got my seat, it didn't have any bolts at all holding it down...Luckily, my friends are all a little dense and didn't mind (but hey, one has to make exceptions when riding in a jimmy with the top down)
    Of course, this all took place before my grand restification--taking longer than i had hoped

1970 GMC Jimmy 502HO/SM465/NP205 doesn't run just yet!

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There should be a couple of holes in the bed just in front of the front legs for the rear seat. Those are for a couple of brackets that hold the front legs in. My Blazer was missing some of this stuff when I bought it too...

5. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

If you stumble across a 'Burb with rear seats, they are also the same bracket.

6. When I bought my Blazer it was bolted in sideways and wasn't using the correct bolt holes. I looked and there is a couple of hole in the tub for fine thread bolts. there should be two for the seat and two for the belts (twords the back) and between the inner fenders. There should be two in front of the seat, both fine thread and those are for the hold down (clips, metal straps, or what ever you want to call them). I posted on www.67-72chevytrucks.com/board go to the parts board and post a message. Some guy emailed me and sold me a set. If not go with highwaydevil suggestion.