Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seat mounting brackets-72 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, Jun 21, 2000.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Can anyone direct me to where I can get the mounting brackets for the back seat of my Blazer? The truck came without a seat, but I have one now and want to mount it w/oem type brackets. Thanks!

You can't beat going Topless!

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

They are hard to come by. No one sells them aftermarket. The back of the seat bolts directly to the floor, but the front requires brackets that clip over the tube of the seat frame. I made a set for mine. You see a seat with hardware come up for sale on the net every once in a while.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

For the tube in the front of the seat I used Ubolts from a local HW store. Just got the right size to just fit over the tube and drilled a couple holes and wala instant bolt in. The rear of my seat has two L shaped brackets and the bottom of the L has a hole in witch a carrage bolt goes thru and bolts it down.
    Good luck

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>my K5 has a rear seat from a 80s blazer. i used box tubing for the front mounts and (please don't laugh to hard) F*rd br*nco spare tire latches (the part that goes on the tailgate to hold the carrier closed), i cut them so they would work, that was almost 2 years ago, and I haven't had a problem yet. hope that helps</font color=blue>

6. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice guys! I checked out one at a boneyard today, and it had no rear seat mounts either. But the persuit will continue!
    Pete.

You can't beat going Topless!