Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Seat Questions?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tuff, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

I don't have a rear seat and I was looking for a replacement. I was wondering what you guys are running for a rear seat. If it is not OEM, what did you use for brackets. I think I'm going to try and get a GEN 2 rear seat,but I wanted to check with you guys first.

2. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

a little more info will get you a reply? what are you driving? fill out your bio with your truck info so when you post a ? we can help you better.

3. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

Sorry about that, I didn't know there was diffierence. I thought all first gens had the same rear area for a seat.

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

There is a seat for sale on <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bargaintraderonline.com/adsearchprocess.html>http://www.bargaintraderonline.com/adsearchprocess.html</a> in the Seattle area (do a search for "blazer"in the northwest)

5. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

I'm curious about this also,I just bought a seat off Bruce (batmanjr) and the rear brackets dont match the floor..is there any differences in the 69-72 mounts? I should take some pics...

6. bouncytruck

What is different between the seat and the floor brackets? What year is the seat? I could measure the holes in the bed of my '69 but I don't have the rear seat so I can't check it out.

7. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

I just went out and measured mine and starting at drivers side wheel well facing dash the holes measure 4",19",27&amp;1/2",and 46"..the two outside holes line up with seat brackets but two inner are off ,the 3rd from left (271/2")being closer to the 2nd hole...could you measure your mount holes for me please...I'm not sure what year the seat is? there's pics of it on my site if you wanna see it...

8. bouncytruck

I saw a magazine article once where they put a Beard bench seat in the back of a second gen k-5. It looked really nice. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.redart.com/benchrs.asp>http://www.redart.com/benchrs.asp</a>

9. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

yeah,it seems I remember a recent issue of 4WOR doing a Beard seat install on a K5..can't remember if they did the back also tho

10. wrath

wrath 1/2 ton status

Hey Tuff..check with kilamonjaro ..seems he had a seat for sale for a 1st gen,unless you've already found one..

11. alta-aj

alta-aj Registered Member

I have an original seat for sale. It is beige in color, a couple of small tears c/w 1 original (of two) bracket. $125 + shipping

12. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

I scored a 3rd row seat from a 2000 Suburban (flip and fold with integrated 3 point belts) for $200 on EBay and had some brackets fab'ed for $50.

It fits between the wheel wells great and unlatches and pulls out like in the newer trucks. Only drawback is that I didnt sink the brackets into pockets in the floorboards, so they stick up when the seat is removed. Maybe I'll build a sub-floor someday.

Maybe more than you'd want to spend, but probably cheaper and more functional that the beard bench seat, which doesnt fold or pull out, if I recall.