Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Mar 23, 2001.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

my seat folds up and goes forward, but nothing keeps it from falling back down. is there supposed to be something to keep the damn thing from falling and smashing whatever is under it. if so could you send a pic or tell me where i might get this. thanks

2. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

There are supposed to be 2 supports that make it go forward, kinda like those gas shocks on a hatchback car rear window. The one on the right side has a little latch on it that will click and lock it into place so it stays up.

JD

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I think it might be a spring er something. I'll look at mine tomorrow when it's light out.

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

4. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

where do the supports bolt in? i think there was one when i bought the truck but the thing looked pretty busted up.

5. MudRebel350

I think they bolt in rite under the armrests on the sides or to the back of the seat but Im not totally sure and into the floor of the truck, I cant look cause I sold my last K5 and miss it so im lookin for another one again.

JD

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

On my wifes 79 there is a lock strut mounted on the passenger side of the back seat bottom. The other end is bolted to a tab about mid way the side of the wheel well. It hold the seat up till you press the release to lower the seat.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

7. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I've already gone through two of these. They seem to have a weak point on the bottom bolt. Both of mine have busted there. I got mine from a local guy that parts out blazer in his shop. It's time to pay him a visit again for one I'll ask him if he has two.

Esteban

8. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

that would be awesome. let me know if you get an extra and i would like to get it from you.

9. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

hey mudrebel,
    you said two, i have had three k5s and they all had one on the passenger side. did they originally come with two?

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

10. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

you need a rear seat stowage strut. the parts group is 17.510 and the part number is 471079.

Phil from K.C.
    1982 K5 Silverado Blazer
    Built in Flint, Michigan-January 1982
    Kansas City = Great B-B-Q.

11. MudRebel350

I think you mite be rite but Im not sure I thought they had 2 but i could be wrong I dont have a K5 in my possesion to check. I sold em all for now and and looking 4 one again. I have had 3 also, but I never really paid attention to that. I am positive about the one on the rite that has the lock though.

JD

12. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

My '87 has that strut on the passenger side, but not on the drivers side.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

13. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Far as I know they only came with the one on the passenger side. Maybe there was an optional second?

[​IMG]

14. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I've been around most of the different years, and have never seen a back seat with more than one lock-strut. I haven't checked, but maybe LMC has them???...anyone?

Eric78K5
    K5-Because Size Matters!