Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seat

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by onedayjake, May 24, 2005.

1. onedayjake

onedayjake Newbie

Does anyone have a stock rear seat they want to get rid of? I have a 74 Jimmy and when I got it there was not one in it.

2. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

IIRC the 73-75 rear seat is different than the 76-newer ones... make sure you get the right one

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I *stink* it's 73-77 is the one style and 78+ is the other ... at the least, the floor pan changed.

Anyway, what you need, Jake, is the kind what bolts down on four corners, not the flip-n-fold stuff your newer trucks have. I've got one, but shipping it would kill the usefulness of the deal.

-- A

4. onedayjake

onedayjake Newbie

Thank's guys, I will keep looking. Dremu I would like to see pictures of your Blazer as I have a 4" lift and 35's on the way, they should be here tomorrow.
    I'd like to see how much "trimming" you had to do.

5. Jew Pimpin

Jew Pimpin Registered Member

Here's a 4" lift and 35's for you to see...

websize2.jpg

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

LOL, I had to do trimming to get rid of rust, more than to fit my tires!

:haha:

I just cut them back to the inner wheel well, except along the rear tops, where I left a little... but again, that was to remove Bondo and swiss cheese that was once metal, not so much for clearance.

-- A

trimming.jpg

blazer.jpg

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I have a '74 as well. I use a newer flip and fold seat from a '87/'88 in the rear. It sits approx 1/2" lower than stock. It was an easy modification to make. Basically, the front hinges bolt right into the stock front location. You'll need the rear mounts that go into the floor from a newer K5 or 3rd row suburban seat. It took me all of 20 minutes to install it, and I like it MUCH better than the stock bolt in one. I can flip it up out of the way when I need to open up the rear, instead of having to unbolt it.

I made custom mounts for mine. You can check some of the pics out on my webshots. (see my link in my sig).

Anyway, just something to consider.

8. 4wheelin4Jesus

4wheelin4Jesus 1/2 ton status

ive got a black rear seat that i took out of my 78. its in really good shape for an old fella. it has one tear in the back lower area, i also have three brand new rear seat belts if that interests you as well. let me know if you are interested.
    God bless,
    Mike