Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SwedeBlazer, Sep 11, 2002.

1. SwedeBlazer

SwedeBlazer Registered Member

Hi
    I wounder if any of you have put in a rear seat of an another car in a Blazer, any idea?
    I don´t have any rear seat in my -74 but I want a better then a stock seat.
    Maby three bucket seat will go, anyone tryed that?
    Thanks. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The '74 could at least have HAD a rear seat, if it was an option then.

If it were an option, I would check the bed of your truck for the holes, as I'd bet GM set all the K5's up for the rear seat, whether it was purchased or not.

If you've got the holes, I'd have a bracket fabbed up, and make the bracket so you can either install two or three bucket seats to it, or a bench seat from a smaller vehicle.

I'd think lowback bench or buckets either way, or else your rear visibility will suffer.

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i dont think 3 buckets will fit. You've only got 49" in between the wheelwells. I looked at some narrow jeep seats that were 20" wide, but that only leaves 9" for that 3rd bucket. In the end, I decided to go with factory. Just made the most sense to me.

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

If you look in the project section of the site there is a blazer called project money pit, it has rear buckets, im not sure of his user name. looks pretty good though, shouldnt be too hard to put a different seat in there or buckets, just need to rig up some way to mount them solid. But there is nothing wrond with the stock bench, if you can find one of them, im pretty sure that one froma 73-77 should work

5. SwedeBlazer

SwedeBlazer Registered Member

Thanks, now I have something to go at.
    One more thing, it is 4 shocks in the front and 4 in the rear, is that stock or aftermarket?
    I recently buy my Blazer and don´t now much about this car.
    Thanks again.

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I put a rear seat from a newer blazer in my '74. In '74 the only rear seat you could get was a fixed one. I wanted the option of having a rear seat and having cargo area when I needed/wanted it as well. That is why I opted for a newer seat. Since the rear seats from '78 on up are a flip and fold type, I went with one of those. Click on the link and it'll take you to my site with pics. It was easy to do! The floor of your '74 will have the bolt holes already in it for the front mounts. The rear mounts are clip in, so I had to fab up some brackets, cut some holes in the floor, and weld them in. It was very easy to do. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif