Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seatbelt Problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5XLR8R, Oct 3, 2000.

1. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

Well, wouldnt ya know...more questions.
    Last weekend i finally finished painting the bed, and was putting in the insulation when i noticed that the rear sealtbelt on the drivers side(the part thats bolted to the floor) was about to break, so i thought i would bend it back and maybe it would hold.....NOT! Broke right off...now, the bolt is rusted on pretty good, and wont come off...anyone know where to get another on of these peices,with the bolt so i can grind it off.. LMC doesnt have one...that I know of....?? Also, the bolt that holds the rear bench seat to the floor is all F.U.B.A.R.'d and the threads are srtipped!...anyone know what size tap to use and the measurements?? Or any other solutions??....And, I lost the Torx bolt for the front passanger belt...I need size/alternative I know its a 50 torx bit but thread size??....thanks again!! I know this is alot!!!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm pretty sure the bolts that hold the rear seat to the floor are 1/2" NC. Try running a tap through them and then some new bolts (grade 8)

Did you try some heat on the seat belt anchor bolts?

Rene

[​IMG]

3. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

THANKS!!!...what does the "NC" stand for???

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

NC stands for National Coarse. For 1/2" it should be 13 TPI (threads per inch).
    NF is fine thread, there are a few others too, pipe thread, tapered pipe thread,etc.

Rene

[​IMG]

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

The Torx bolt for the front passenger belt is the same as the Torx bolt for the front driver's belt. Also, aren't there two identical bolts that hold the rear seat to the floor? It sounds like you already have one to use as an example.

'85 JIMMY
    '90 paint/grill/trim 5"susp 33/12.5/16.5
    Fresh 350 B&M '87 TH700

6. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

I have both the bolts. its just the one one the drivers side rear the thread is stripped...looks like someone didnt have it threaded right but kept wrentching away....??? So...??? Do i just buy a tap and re tap the threads??...

7. K5XLR8R

K5XLR8R 1/2 ton status

ALSO...WHAT SIZE BOLT IS THE ONE FOR THE FRONT SEATBELTS??..I KNOW IT USED ITS A 50 TORX..IS THERE AN ALTERNATE ONE I COULD USE???.....AND...TO GET BACK TO THE SUBJECT ABOUT THE REAR SEATBELT THATS BROKEN...? ITS THE METAL PART THAT IS BOLTED TO THE FLOOR...WHERE CAN I GET ONE...LMC DOESNT APPEAR TO HAVE ONE.

8. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

can i just cancel those pathetic oval plates, install a steel plate and use regular bolts instead of those annoying torx bolts?

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com