Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Seatbelt??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stickseler, May 12, 2002.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Any Ideas where I can get rear seatbelts for an 89??

Ive found 90's(I guess) with the shoulder belt. But mine are lap belts fixed on the outside and they retract in the middle of the seat. I need all new cause there both broke.

2. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I have an 89 and I thought mine were broke but I opened the cover and was able to fix them. I dont really remember what I did, it was about a year ago, but they have worked ever since.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think your best bet would be the boneyards.....

4. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

5. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Try LMC, I thought I saw some in their catalog before...

6. cdh

cdh Registered Member

If the seat belts won't retract they are very easy to fix. Fold the seat up, there should be two bolts for each seat belt that can be accessed from the bottom of the seat. Once the seat belts are out, take a small drill bit and drill out the two rivits on the bottom of the cover. You should be able to fold the cover open. On the sides of the drum that retracts the seat belt there are teeth, just like the ring gear on a flywheel. Take a screwdriver, wedge it in the teeth and move the drum backwards. I think that there is a pin or a bar that you have to hold out of the way with you finger so you can move the drum. Once you move the drum, give the seat belt a couple of good tugs and you should be in business.

Your seat belt got twisted inside the drum and that is why it is stuck. It look me 15 minutes to fix mine and that includes removal and installation.