Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear seatbelts attached to hardtop?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by outsider223, Apr 21, 2006.

1. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

So my 90 has its rear seatbelt should harness attached to the hardtop. Great, so now what can I do when I take the top off. I'd really like to keep my passengers in the truck. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Unbolt them from the floor and leave them in the top. Get some generic lap belts from Autozone and bolt them in.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Just get belts from a mid 80 to 89 in a junkyard and bolt them in and remove the ones from the hardtop. You might also need the seat bottom out of the donar truck. The seat bottom has indentations for the belts on the older ones. Kinda odd but one of my 90 K5's I had to convert because of the belts on the top and the other has the older style. Must have been hit or miss for the year.

4. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I think I'm just gonna attach them to my cage when it's finished. I need the shoulder strap to work with a child booser seat or two. Right now they are just laying on the floor be hind the rear seat.:rolleyes: