Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear shackle help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Aug 17, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Right now I have an Echobit flip and stock leaf springs and shackles. The rear sags just a bit and I would like to put some extended shackles on. However, what length would give me a little extra lift without compromising excess body roll?

Thanks

2. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

you would probably have to go with a 4" rear shackle to accomplish enough lift to even it out. and that would only give you about 2" of lift. i would think that it would be better to install a 2" add-a-leaf instead. that would not comprmise the pinion angle where as the longer shackles would.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

How much sag are we talking about here? I wouldn't go with a longer shackle. Maybe get some old leafs out of the junkyard and put together some packs with longer leaves. You could use a 1" zero rate in the rear also. How about taking short leaves out of the front spring packs?

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ohh, forgot to mention, I have the ORD add-a-leaves in the rear already. Also, there is one small leaf on each front spring pack that I have thought about taking out.

5. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    you would probably have to go with a 4" rear shackle to accomplish enough lift to even it out. and that would only give you about 2" of lift. i would think that it would be better to install a 2" add-a-leaf instead. that would not comprmise the pinion angle where as the longer shackles would.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? longer rear shackles will help the pinion angle if the shackles are flipped.