Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Shock Crossmember Set Up.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 55Willy, Nov 22, 2001.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

This would be like how Steve has them on the UAV and Esteban(Esteban86K5) has on his or anyone else who has done the swap.
    I'm looking at building one for Frank(BlazzinOR) and Jason(jekbrown) I'm looking at getting 3 more people who are wanting to do the same style set up so that I can make it worth while...actually with my employment status right now one would be worth it. If I can get those 2(Frank and Jason) and 3 others then I might be able to get my metal cheaper and the shocks studs in a bulk buy.
    the cost would depend on if you need anything special done to make it fit, like Frank has a fuel pump and filter in his frame rail. If you have a 2" or 3" body lift it would be easier to do also cus then the crossmember can go on top of the frame. All the set ups will have bolt in top mounts and weld on axel mounts.
    I'm looking at a base of $40 plus labor. I can build one on Friday to get an idea of cost per set up, and how many hours it will take.
    The first 3 to PM me are on the list and anyone else interested will have to wait and see, if I get enough I may just mass produce these.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    making $0 a week sux!

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Okay thanks for the replies, I have my starting numbers. Let me work it out with them and see what i can do for the rest of you.

Income =Good
    $0= Bad

When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Jeremy...don't forget there's hardly anybody here today cuz it's Turkey day. Take some good pics of the ones you build and post them...I think you'll have a much better response.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

I can save you the trouble. I have several crossmembers in stock. Browse my what's new page.

<font color=green>Steve Frisbie</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com>www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Thanks Steve...very nice set-up. I already did the relocation myself last year though. Unless I'm mistaken Jeremy is looking at building these things and selling them too.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Yeah Steve, I'm looking at making a couple to get me some money.

income= Good[​IMG]
    $0 = Bad[​IMG]

55 Willy's