Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear shock mount kits from M.O.O.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Mar 28, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey, Im going to be getting ford shock towers for the front, but to match I wanted something in the near to improve flex and all. So I was wondering if anyone has a Rear shock mount kit from M.O.O, and if you do, how did you like it, and how much did it improve, and last question, what shocks do you run. Thanks

-Steve

2. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

I've heard that you can use the current shocks that you have on the rear, depending on what angle you put them at. I'm looking @ the same kit. I've already got the ford shock towers but don't know what shocks I need to get with a 8" sup. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'm getting a 8" or smaller lift eventually, so when you find out what shocks tell me so I can look into some. Do you think you'll get the shock mounting kit? Is it worth it? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

1. The idea of using ford towers is that you can use whatever shocks you want. They're so long that it's almost limitless. I used 12" travel Gabrials.

2. In the rear, to get maximum flex, you'll most likely have to inboard your shocks, however, I still get outstanding flex by using the same 12" travel Gabrials that I've got up front in the rear as well in the stock mounts. I was doing some playing with the measuring tape recently and I found that my shocks are more than enough for everything I can see. I'll have to get it out of the garage to see for sure though.

There is a lot of flex to be had in shocks and mounts, I can say that. I might go to longer/longer travel shocks later on down the road, but for the minimal $$ invested, I am very happy with my Gabrials.

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Ive got 14" travel bilstiens that Im gonna put all the way around the truck when I put the 6" AK 57 sutup on. I may go ahead and get the MOO shock kit but Im sure you could have one fabed up alot cheaper.

Nick

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Tazz makes them too, but his lower mounts are weld on only.

Maybe you should take a look at his too.

7. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
    I have the MOO rear shock mount kit and I love it! I know it's $$$ but I don't have access to a welder or fab shop and the MOO kit was super easy to install(by the way I bought it from a CK5 member, beater74, super cool guy!) It took me longer to drag my tools out than to put the kit in. I run a four inch lift and was only able to run 12 inch Bilstein 5150's in the rear but have 14 inch 5150's up front with the Ford towers. I can't describe how different the ride is. It's SOOO smooth! And more flex too! Like I said, it's spendy but I'm happy. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tazz makes them too, but his lower mounts are weld on only.

Maybe you should take a look at his too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does his look like? The same but weld on? Im okay with welding on because if I do get the different shock mounts im going to try to grind the old ones off. Do you have pics of his and how much they cost? Thanks for the rplies.

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Kinda curious too, as i wonder how much better it would help out the tank with flexin? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

PM him for some info, but here is the image he sent me awhile back.
    [​IMG]

And here is his site: web page

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Im blue /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Can you PM him and ask for some info for me, unless he see's this post. I wont need them for a while but I was just wonderign how everyone likes them. Thanks

12. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

he he, sorry bout that.

You can contact him through his website too, but I'll shout at him. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    PM him for some info, but here is the image he sent me awhile back.
    [​IMG]

And here is his site: web page

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the pricing on these little critters? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Mine in that pic cost $135 plus the shipping /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mine in that pic cost $135 plus the shipping /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you fill me in on how yours works, and how the big peice mounts to the frame and if you like it, and how much it improves flex. Thanks Tazz

16. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Since the original post was about our kit, I think I will step in here. We also offer a weld on mount kit as well for $160.00. The one pictured above looks very similar in design to ours /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif the only difference is that our crossmember is a three piece unit that eases installation and allows for up to 1.25" of frame width variance. I have measured numerous trucks, Blazers and Subs and have found up to 3/4" difference in frame width measurements in the area where the crossmember needs to be, ours fits all of them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a plan, i'll let ya know when i can pick one up from ya. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Since the original post was about our kit, I think I will step in here. We also offer a weld on mount kit as well for $160.00. The one pictured above looks very similar in design to ours /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif the only difference is that our crossmember is a three piece unit that eases installation and allows for up to 1.25" of frame width variance. I have measured numerous trucks, Blazers and Subs and have found up to 3/4" difference in frame width measurements in the area where the crossmember needs to be, ours fits all of them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they help for flex alot? Thanks

19. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

If the shocks are your limiting factor in your rear suspension, then yes they help tremendously. To find out for sure, unhook your shocks and cylcle the suspension to both extremes.

20. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    by the way I bought it from a CK5 member, beater74, super cool guy!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh well it ain't being me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif