Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Shock Mounts Done!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, Jun 4, 2001.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Well, after procrastinating for almost a year, I finally tackled the rear shock mount job I've been dreading. The driver's side bracket was replaced with a new one. Had to air-chisel the factory rivots off, and bolt the new bracket in. Had to drop the fuel tank to get the rear two out. The passenger side wollered frame hole was remedied by welding in two steel washers on each side of the rail. A few here at CK5 gave me that idea. Thanks! I now have all shocks installed. Now I won't throw myself through the windshield while going over bumps or the daily railroad tracks to work. Woo Hoo!

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew
    http://community.webshots.com/user/beefcake83

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

FST here in Phx ( Flyin High's Fab Shop ) sells a replacement beef cake set-up for the drivers side. I did mine last month while the tank was being swapped out for TBI....i really don't think it's breakable. Cost was $35. My .02.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

3. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Hmmm... will keep in mind, should my dealer bought OEM one fail. Better not! Thanks, Gary

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew
    http://community.webshots.com/user/beefcake83