Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear shock placement???

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by FLASHLIGHT76, Aug 13, 2002.

1. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Hey any body got any ideas for shock placement to get a little bit more travel out of basic shocks without having to replace them. I'm in the process of puting a d60 rear in and I have to put new mounts on it and was just curious if I could improve my RTI a little bit. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I was looking at the UAV's set up but I wasn't sure if he is using the factory location on the axle. planning to do it down the road once I get use out of exsisting shocks. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

It seems that alot of competition rock buggies use alot more flex drooping and limit upward travel. Maybe if you used bumpstops and stuck a longer shock on while /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif limiting uptravel?

3. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

well the point was to not have to buy new shocks. I was thinking about moving them in an inch or two just so they had alittle bit less distance to travel. Also thought about relocating upper so its right above the mount instead of at an angle forward or rear.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

talk to 55willy, he makes shock relocation kits. mine is in the mail. some welding req'd but nothing major. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif