Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear shock setup?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, Nov 10, 2004.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I am upgrading to longer monotube shocks all the way around. I will be doing Ford towers up front, but what should I do in the rear? Do you prefer the inboard setup like this / \ or keep them in stock form, one pointing foward and one backward mounted to the frame? Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[​IMG] Mo Off Road, the way to go good stuff mo-offroad

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That looks pretty cool, too bad no first gen. kit /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

You should call him up, he is a super cool guy really cool to deal with, he might be able to hook you up with somthing, he is alos a member here but i forgot his screen name /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I called, lady that answered said he was out until tomorrow. I'll try them then, it looks like a really stout setup and I like the look.

6. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I think I am going to get that.
    Thanks
    Adam

7. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

When you put it in its pretty easy, they give you a print out of where to drill on the frame, your supposed to run a plumb-bob to place it in the center of the axle, i just eyeballed the center and measured from a hole in the frame to make it equal on both sides. i also got the weld on shock tabs, nice set up. Only problem i ran into was the lined on the inside of the frame, EVERYTHING runs o the pass side so you have to bend them out of the way of the bracket, kind of a PITA, and also dont forget to take of your stock bumstops, i put a bigass dent in my left rear shock flxin it out on a forklift /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif... any questions feel free to ask i can also take more pictures if you want [​IMG] this is how the shocks go on the axle

9. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That looks pretty cool, too bad no first gen. kit

[/ QUOTE ]
    No one has ever asked if it fit a first gen. The crossmember has approximately 1 1/2" of adjustment for differing frame widths. If your frame is in the ballpark of 34" inside to inside of the uprights it should fit no problems. Give me a call. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[​IMG]

jeremy (55willy) made my shock x-member for me... works well. Dunno if he has any more, or if he still makes them, but its worth a PM...

j