Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear side panel boxes.need pics

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bckinblk, Aug 25, 2002.

1. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Well I am looking into making or buying side panel boxes for 2 10s or 2 12s .Any of you guys done this?? Plese post pics so I can get a better idea as to which ones I want to get.....thanks..........

2. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

i have thought of doing this myself i just dont know that you have that much room for a subwoofer in those panels unless u use the blaupunkt saucer subs i would be willing to make you side panels if you want out of wood or fiberglass let me know what you decide rebel102285@hotmail.com

3. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

i got two 12's in mine 1 on each side and two front facing 6" mids click on webshots for the pics

4. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Wow those look great..That k5 must POUND ..Those are the type of boxes I want to get for mine .Do you have a spec sheet on them if so please send me a copy so I can start building them.Thanks

5. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Beautiful truck tightwork!

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd like to have some side panel sub box's, but the subs I plan on runnning require a min of 4.5 cubic feet per sub. Preform the best with 5.5 cubic feet per sub. I plan on running a pair of them. (15" MMATS Juggernauts) I also want to fire them upwards. With the side panel boxs, I asume the subs face each other. Is there any problems with cancelation ???

8. TIGHTWORK82 K5

as far as a spec sheet I did not draw any up. just get some messurements around your wheel wells. the pics show the shape of the box's. the sound is great outa the back the polk subs are real clean sound, i am pushin them with a 1,000 watt sony explode mono amp. runnin it straight at 4 ohms . i might drop them to 2ohms but the sound is nice right now. as for 15's in side boxes you may be able to flare the sides out to face them up in a 45 degree angle and the inside of the box would have to be made to go around the wheel well. I think 2 12" subs are plenty. maybe 1 15 behind the bench seat! thanks for the complements!!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

would you ever consider biulding some boxes like that for the right price?

10. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

Did you mean you wanted me to build you some if so yes i would be willing but shipping might be a little expensive email me at snatwick@dia.net thanks ADAM /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

no i was talking about the other guy i liked his boxes..

12. TIGHTWORK82 K5

they are easy to make, it would not be cost effective to ship them, cause of wieght. go to your local home depot or lowes or what ever you got up there, get you 1 1/2 sheets of 3/4 osb 4x8 and 2 tubes of liquid nails (construction adheasive) 1 box of 1 1/2 drywall screws. and go over to the carpet section they have this outdoor stuff in grey and black, real thin works good on boxes. measure the distance between the wheel well and the tailgate that is the base. then measure the distance up your wheel well. I used a 45 deg. angle. then across the top of your wheel well to the back of your seat. then up about 8 inches the top of mine goes to the bottom of the topper. then back to the tail gate and down. made it about 7" thick look in my pics you can see cut boards for a referal. put it all together and use plenty of liquid nails to get a good seal. and pre drill screw holes. finish off with carpet use a staple gun for ease or spay glue but that gets messy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

see my sig for a pic of mine. I still have them just collecting dust but like was said... it isn't too hard to make and wouldn't be worth it cause shipping would be killer

14. TIGHTWORK82 K5

how is that shaft working out for you? that for a 700r4? and how much scratch it cost you?

15. CaptCrunch

pm'ed ya Tight

16. TIGHTWORK82 K5

10-roger

guess I will try jess out everyone here seems to like him!

hope its not cause he gives stuff away here. would hate to spend 300-600 on somthing that breaks.

but I need somthing quick from the looks of your pic that slip yoke isnt in there that far.(look at my new engine album in webshots)

17. CaptCrunch

Yeah you don't have much in there and that angle in insane if that is actually hooked up. I like jess... he won't give you a bad product. For a very long time he wouldn't make a slip yoke shaft because the slip yoke is such a weak link. Have you thought about converting? Andy on the list can machine your case and using some dodge 208 parts you can make a fixed yoke case. I would look into it. Only way to go IMO if you crawl. Nice rig by the way... makes me miss mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

That is impressive. Where did, or how did you get side panels with that soft diamond pattern in them?