Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear sliding glass window

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 85GMCJimmy, Oct 30, 2000.

1. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

This might sound stupid but do all of yalls rear glass windows rattle. When you have your bass on? What did you all do to stop it from rattling, you can hear in from the inside that my main reason. i just put 2 10's in on saturday and just and about last night the window start rattling to where i could hear it from the inside. Do you think if i go a new peice of weather stripping in the cap it would stop, because it's original since 85'.

2. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

Does the weather stripping look worn? If it does I'd say its a possibility. Also, the window trck may be worn as well. I'm not really sure, just a suggestion.[​IMG]

[​IMG] '87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure about you but mine pops....it all stopped when I tightned that little center piece that provides access to window internals......not clear but read it 20 times and maybe youll get it......

..........and one time at band camp.........

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Check your motor access panel to see if your seal on it is gone. Also check to see that the trim panel on the tail gate isnt the problem. I hope, maybe this helps.

5. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I thought mine was rattling real bad then went back and looked and 2 of the screws to the access panel on the tailgate were gone, put in new ones and no more rattle.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!