Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear slip-yoke driveshaft questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mplogic, Aug 7, 2002.

1. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Hi all. I'm wondering how long the slip yoke is on a stock shaft vs an aftermarket one? Should be about the same, right? Also how far should the shaft extend out from the t-case to allow enough travel for the suspension at full droop and full compression?

I picked-up my new rear cv shaft from AZ driveline yesterday but it is only 1/2" longer than my stock one??? I was expecting it to go in much deeper than it does. Just trying to figure out if this is normal or if I should have it re-done. It seems to have solved my vibration problems (without dropping the t-case) but for the money I spent, I want it to be right.

Thanks for the help.
    Tim

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There isn't much you can do to extend the length of the slip yoke on that type of driveshaft, as one half of the slip yoke can't be changed. The male part of the shaft, that is inside the t-case, limits what can be done. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif If the female part of the shaft is made too long, then it can bottom out inside the t-case and break it. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

3. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

Right, gotcha. What I'm thinking is that the drive shaft tube they used is too short. Does anyone have a stock setup and can measure how much of the slip yoke is extended out from the t-case?