Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear spoiller: to do or not to do

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89GAK5, Sep 26, 2000.

1. 89GAK5

89GAK5 Registered Member

ok guys seeking info once again.my rear window catches every thing.i live on a dirt road,and the dirt just rolls up to it.on the highway (rain)road scum just clings to it making visability real hard.the glass is starting to get scoured up pretty bad.never seam to be around a water hose when i need to get in the back.i see some k5's with them & some not.do they work? where can i acquire one. how much? problems installing?

thanks 89gak5
    RUGERS & K5 BOWTIES

2. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

I knew someone that had one. It worked fine, no dirt came in, no fumes. Only problem is that it was kind of goofy lookin'. There's alot of guys on this site that could fabricate a nicer one than the GM piece. How 'bout it?

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

GTS has one called the Aerwing...you can get in J.C.Whitneys...made a very nice difference in mine. No fumes and rear window stays cleaner...worth the 48.00

4. mrivan

mrivan 1/2 ton status

I have a factory spoiler on my 81 k5 and it is indeed ugly but it works ,every time I look at it I think about building one that looks better, Took the one off my old suburban once and almost gassed myself.
    Mrivan........
    did you ever notice that people that drive broncos sit sideways in the seat and have red faces and overhanging eyebrows............

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Do the spoiler/wings that JcW sell keep fumes away even if you have rear dual exhaust?

6. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

7. 89GAK5

89GAK5 Registered Member

yea i got a few.but none really of just the k5.as a matter of fact i dug out the the old olmpius 10 monday got some film and took some.don't have a scanner though / but have actcess to one at work.after that i would not know what to do.you see im computer stupid! the only thing i really care about is getting to this site.and checking out (the daily bikini).after that im kinda lost but im learning.i know ,i know there's a world out there.im getting there slowly.but it would be great to have a picture of her on this site.