Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear spring length. 88-98 vs 98up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbone, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Mudbone

Mudbone Registered Member

Are these spring lengths different? I need a pair of 2, 2.5, or 3 inch lift springs for an 01 1500 4x4. I know mine are 64 inches. I wasn't sure if a lift spring for the 88-98 series trucks would work.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

88-98s are 64 as well(63 or 64 depending who measures them). I'd bet ones off an older rig would work, but if you are buying lift springs why not just buy them for your truck? Doubt the price is much different

3. Mudbone

Mudbone Registered Member

Well thats just the thing, I found these TC ones here. Now I like TCs springs and a 3 inch lift is a bit different, usually they come 2,4,6 etc. However 3 inches might actually work out just fine with the rest of the hardware I am using to get the exact lift I want. But as you can see they are listed as 88-98 only. I called TC up directly and they said, "Yeah they won't work on newer trucks." Which suprised me because I thought they were all the same from 88 up on the trucks.