Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear spring lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DALE, Mar 19, 2001.

1. DALE

DALE Registered Member

hey everybody. i just got back from my local spring shop. my rear leafs are really sagging.the guy at the shop said he would build me the same as stock leafs with a 1 or 2in lift in the leafs to compensate and make the truck sit level. i have 4in blocks in the rear.what should i do??? a 1in or 2in lift in the springs to make it sit level???. the shop said the truck would ride better with close to stock springs and that there is nothing wrong with having blocks.they said if i get 4in lift springs it won't ride as good. please help i need rear leafs soon as i just snapped a leaf in the rear this past saturday.

2. Lpasotx

Lpasotx Registered Member

just buy a 2inch add-a-leaf throw it on and there you go worked for me and i have a 4inch block in the rear my leafs werent sagging but it will go up 2 inches i have a six inch lift. if yours are sagging well there you go back to stock check my jimmy out jimjim.coloradok5.com

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

If you put stock rear springs back on the truck should not sag.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

.02c

NO!! Just say NO to blocks!! Stock ride? What the hell is stock ride? Dude I would not bandade the issue! Get replacement spring packs or some prefer a shakel flip. I have Superlift 5" rear spring packs to go with my 4" Rancho fronts. Block cause axel wrap and if you have killer traction that wrap will make your rear go BOOM! Just say no to blocks! Stock ride?? That stament kills me!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>