Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Spring Pivots

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Donovan, Nov 14, 2000.

1. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Okay guy I want to know if you guys would be interested in a new Product. They are called spring relieves. They are made by BC broncos and here is some picutres of them http://www.bcbroncos.com/suspension1.html. What I need from you guys is how thick is your rear springs are. I will let Chuck from BC Broncos know and he plans on making some sets up for Blazers if you guys want. These do lift the rear up 2" I believe. So let me know or Chuck and he can help you out. These things will help with your rear flex and you will not get as much frame flex either.

Donovan

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Do you need to know how thick the whole spring pack is or just the individual leaves?

90K5

3. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

I want the thickness of the hole pack. He will try to get a good average of the springs out there and make the kits to fit everybody.

Donovan

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

just exactly what do they do?????i've not heard of them.....

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I don't know about the rest of you but the first thing that I think of is Ubolt failure[​IMG]!!
    Not much thread is able to stick out of the Ubolt nuts[​IMG]! Duno about the rest of you but I prefer to keep my axel inplace with the spring pack firmlly attached........
    .02c

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

7. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

If you use good you bolts you will not have any problems. I have seen them in action and they work awesome and I have not heard of any failure. If you guys trash you bushing out this will fix it. Why do you think you strip u-bolts out because of the pressure you have on the u-bolts, you are trying to twist the spring pack in the spring perch. You get read of this action with the pivots.

Donovan

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

What about extra body roll on the street? Would they allow extra movment from side to side on the street?

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

9. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

are they angled for the natural driveline angle, or would they come with the needed shims to return the driveline angle to stock?
    I have an overload spring that brings my spring pack to 3 inches, without that spring my pack is right at 2 inches.
    Dan
    I am also concerned about Steves point, body roll on the street.

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

10. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

No you should not have extra movement side to side but yes you will have more body roll because you are taking out the swaybar effect of the leaf springs. He said that he doesn't notice more body roll but some customer have said they see more body roll than before. I guess if you like how they work but don't like the body roll on the street put a sway bar on it with disconnects. I will let you all know how the work when I get a set.

Donovan

11. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Hey hows it going.Hows that adapter going?When you get them tell me what you think.The two inchs of lift would let me use some stock springs.I don't think the short stick out on the bottom u-bolts would be an issue.Mine are cut about 1/4 past the nut anyways.Will thay be the same cost.

12. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Hey Dan, Yes I think that the price will be the same but I will talk to Chuck to be sure. I started machining on it but have not got the splines cut yet. I hope next week that will happen.

Donovan

13. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Donovan..email me when you get Chuck to make some sets, I'm very interested...makimberlin@hotmail.com

White Knight

14. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Okay will do.

Donovan

15. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I wasn't asking about side to side movement, I was wondering about the driveline angles would they be built to keep the driveline angle right, or would they require shims and if so does the cost include shims?
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

16. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

No he makes them straight so you will have to get your own shims aleast maybe for the first couple sets. Then he will have a idea what people need for a shim and maybe he could supply it I don't know. When I get the first set I will figure out what I need and we can go from there.

Donovan

17. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

forgot too ask last time i have a 14 bolt rear the axle tubes are larger then a 10 or 12 bolt will he be making too fit the larger axle tube.If so i'm interested in a set as soon as he gets them done.

18. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Yes I told him to make them for 3.25 tubes. The large housing fords are already 3.25 so that should not be a problem.

Donovan

19. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

these are like the revolvers shackles that shawn speckler has, it is based on the same idea it looks like

20. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Well they are kinda but I think that they work better than a revolver shackle. That is just my opinion on that. I think it makes your suspension more fluid and not so stiff. Chuck thinks they work so well that he is Patenting them which is not cheap to do.

Donovan