Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Spring ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SpaceK5, Oct 21, 2002.

1. SpaceK5

SpaceK5 Newbie

Rear Spring ?\'s

I just installed a Rough Country 4 inch all spring lift. The install went pretty well for my first one. My problem is I have some minor vibs comming from the rear. After further inspection I found that there is a 4 degree differance in the driveline angles. It seems like the caster shims that are all ready on the spring packs just make the pinion level with the ground. My Question is that if the springs were installed incorrectly (even with the shim pointing the right way) is there a chance that it would make the pinion point down or level with the ground?

Here is a sketch of what my rear looks like from the side;
    [​IMG]

This a pretty good representative of how everything looks. The front eye is about 4 to 5 inches lower than the rear eye and the shim is just about bringing the pinion level with the ground.

If I have everything right, how do I go about getting new shims? Thanks in advance.

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Re: Rear Spring ?\'s

The shims should make it point a few degrees up. By the look of it I am thinking maybe some one put a lower than spec. shim on the packs on accident. I would figure out what degree shims are on there and then add the needed degree, and then order the shims and pins. Put a C-clamp/locking pliers on the spring pack to keep it together, and grind the old pin out(if you can drift punch it out do so, easier to just grind it).... Or you can call the guys at the lift company and tell them what is wrong. They may help you in some minimal sort of way. BTW most HELP sections of PEP Boys or Autozone have shims( at least around here they do) ..... they also have the pins.

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Re: Rear Spring ?\'s

I would call them first Rough Country I mean.
    I am sure they have dealt with all sorts of problems before.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif