Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear springs what ones are the flexiest?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrider_44s, May 6, 2004.

1. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

I was wandering what rear springs (ether stock springs or aftermarket) others have used to lift there rig and of course the flex results /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gifright now i have the stock 52" in the back with blocks want to get rid of the blocks and add some twist /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif thanks

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Shackle flip is the cheapest and easiest and add some long travel shocks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I have a through the hanger flip on mine with 13" travel shock, got crazy flex for stock springs and no blocks. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. highrider_44s

[ QUOTE ]
    Shackle flip is the cheapest and easiest and add some long travel shocks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I have a through the hanger flip on mine with 13" travel shock, got crazy flex for stock springs and no blocks. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i got the shackle flip already forgot to mention that what i got is not bad just trying to upgrade and loose some of the block. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Maybe this will help.
    And here is the link for the BDS spring rate.

5. highrider_44s

is everyone running stalk springs /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    is there a difference in the flex for a 52 to 56 springs. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow, those front springs you have, must flex, well not at all. Am I wrong on that assumption?

7. highrider_44s

[ QUOTE ]
    wow, those front springs you have, must flex, well not at all. Am I wrong on that assumption?

[/ QUOTE ]
    no way i took a couple of leafs out and they flex not to bad it's about 9" in the front with a 3" body lift and the 39.5 still beat the fenders when you flex and go through ruts /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif want to run it on a ramp but don't know anyone around here that has one not sure the angles on how to build one i would post pics of my truck if i could figure out how?

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

At that kinda height I'd probably be afraid to run it up a ramp.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nah, thats what cages are for

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

As to the question if we're all running stock springs, no, we're not, but the majority here are running stock or longer springs but not necessarily arched for additional lift.

I am not sure if anyone here is running lift springs with a 'flip or not but I'm sure someone is.

11. highrider_44s

[ QUOTE ]
    As to the question if we're all running stock springs, no, we're not, but the majority here are running stock or longer springs but not necessarily arched for additional lift.

I am not sure if anyone here is running lift springs with a 'flip or not but I'm sure someone is.

[/ QUOTE ]

do longer springs give more flex /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

often. Can't say, always, cause well nothing is that simple. common longer springs around here are 57" ford springs and 63" Chevy springs.

13. TOBYONE

TOBYONE Registered Member

I'm using the 63 they flex...

14. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

Stalk..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I swear I am not try to be a jack arse...

15. 82dieselburb

82dieselburb 1/2 ton status

I'm installing 63's on my blazer project that I'm building. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

16. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Hey Dan, how tall are your blocks? If they are 4 inches then you can simply remove them and replace them with a 4" BDS or TC lift spring. Or if you'd rather use junkyard springs figure out which spring (I think its the 63's) that give you about 4" and replace em with that. I know there are a few guys on here that run all spring lifts that are pretty pleased by the results.

The rear 4" lift springs still give good flex, most people just use the shackle flip because of the extra droop that it provides that a lift spring can't touch. You already have that problem solved....

But I still think you should drop it down a few inches and just hack the [darn] outta your fenders /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. highrider_44s

don't care if she drops a bit probable going to cut the fenders anyway. got to see your fender trimming jobie /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Hey Toby, how much did your 63's give you in the rear?

19. TOBYONE

TOBYONE Registered Member

i'm not sure.the rear is where i get the majority of flex i did away with the overload leaf and added some shorter leafs.don't know how to show pics yet. they wrote that i ramped a 1200 at ttc on the video, it wasn't that good.if i were guessing i'd say17+ inches.

20. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Do you run any type of an anti-wrap system? And how much lift do you suppose you got out of the springs? Was it bolt up and go or did you have any mods you had to make?

Sorry for all the questions but I saw your rig in action and I was quite impressed. I'd like to learn how you threw it together. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif