Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DieselBurb, Oct 25, 2002.

1. DieselBurb

DieselBurb 1/2 ton status

In ya'll's opinion, what which would be better, add-a-leafs or the Helliwig style bolt-on-the-top helper springs. I have an 85 3/4 ton Suburban which has a droopy tail. Someone suggested to flip the rear shackle. What would that do for ride height and driveline angles? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

3. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

The Shackle flip would give you too much lift. I have the zero rate spacer mentioned in the post above and they were pretty easy to install. I put them on new springs, but I suppose it will give you just the lift you need to get back to stock ride height in the rear. They give you two small, steel blocks that bolt on to your springs. They give you the new spring bolts.

The only problem you may run into is the need for new U-bolts. I had to get new U-bolts to make the spacers fit. You can get U-bolts made-to-fit at a truck supply company. They bent them while I waited.