Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Springzz

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5freak44, Jun 12, 2005.

1. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i got to lookin for u bolts for my 14bff and i decided I REALLY want to get rid of thes stupid lift blocks.

here is my problem.

my 52s i have in the rear are all saggy, one has 1.5in more arch then the other and i kina sit sideways.

so if im going to trash the blocks and trash the 52s what would be the cheapest, eeasyest, and will give me the best ride.

rear 4in springs - Tuff Country of course to match the front

new 52s and a shackle flip???

used 52s and a shackle flip???

or longer springs in the rear?

what do yall think

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you get to pick the springs I think used 52s with the shackle flip would be the way to go. But I wouldn't buy used springs unless I could see them with some weight on them make sure there are no unusual gaps in between the leafs as this could indicate some loss of arch of damage to the overall pack

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

yea i agree with you 100 percent on that, so i was kinda leaning toward new springs, since its only 4in of lift hopefully it wont kill my flex.

maby i will just buy some 1 or 2 in lift rear spings, im not sure what TC makes and then do a home made shackle flip. :confused: