Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear stock spring rate

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BSav, Nov 9, 2004.

1. BSav

BSav Registered Member

I'm looking into getting a 2 in lift. My rear springs are sagging I was going to get four new springs. I am wondering what the stock rear spring rate is, so I can keep roughley the same ride quality. If you also know the front that would be great.
    The truck is an 88 GMC Jimmy with the towing package 3 front leaves and 5 rear leaves. I am almost 100% sure. The lift I am looking in to is the tuff country 2 in Kit from off road design if that helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the help.
    Brian Sav

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Don't have an answer, but where in SE NH are you?

I have a feeling we aren't far apart. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. BSav

BSav Registered Member

I am in the seacost. The Somersworth, Dover, Portsmouth area. Whear are you? If you live in the area you have probaly seen me.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I am in the seacost. The Somersworth, Dover, Portsmouth area. Whear are you? If you live in the area you have probaly seen me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm toward the western side (Keene), but nothing is far away in this little state! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

As for your question, the more I think about it maybe you should consider a combination of a small body lift and some "zero rates" since you like the current ride quality and don't really want much lift???

I am thinking that with a 1" body lift and 1" of zero rates, you're where you want to be....some longer rear shackles could help solve the "saggy butt" and you'd probably be finished for less money (and aggravation) than by doing a spring swap.

(Disclaimer: From what I've heard, body lifts can sometimes a real PITA too..) /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif