Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear sus ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Jan 29, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

ok i have a relatively thick spring pack in the rear. and the truck had a helper spring when i got the truck.when i got the lift it came with a helper spring that was supposed to be bolted in the spring pack. well we just put it under the old one and tightened it down.NOW the rear end is pulling itself down so that the diff is horizontal with the street.it made the drive shaft even shorter, anyway can i flip the new helper spring over and not loose any lift?? help:)

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

do you mean parellel with the road? So you have 0 degrees of pinion angle? The add a leafs I've seen were meant to be installed in the spring pack somewhere, not underneath. Did you install it under the overload spring?

3. boggerless

yea, its under the spring pack, WITH a helper that was there when i got the truck.and yes paralel to the street,flat on it.can i just flip it over and use it like a block?i don't want the front higher than the rear. i'm going to get new rear springs this summer but until i want to drive it.and TJ (big83chevy4x4) is gonna make my drive shaft. and i want the right length. i even had to get new longer u bolt to tighten it down. with the extra helper the ones that came with the lift couldn't take the preasure. i have 7 spring leaves not counting the helpers. i think the guy that used to own it hauled a big trailer.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

got any pics of this, its hard to picture in my head.

5. boggerless

picture a normal spring pack with an overload spring, than pic another overload spring under it.then picture me getting pissed cuz the u-bolts with the kit didn't have the nut's to hold it.:)