Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear suspension angle thrust help!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cosmic.charlie, Jun 12, 2003.

1. cosmic.charlie

cosmic.charlie Registered Member

need some info on angle thrust, just installed 2.5 inch lift on 87 jimmy, now have a 2 degree angle on rear axle. anyone know why and possibly know how to correct the angle!thanks.someone did suggest shackle bolt being too tight i did check and seems o.k.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

What kind of lift?
    Blocks? Springs? Shackle flip? Add-a-Leaf?

3. cosmic.charlie

superlift springs

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Did you put the springs in the right way? Some aftermarket springs do not have the center pin exactly in the center. The # on the spring goes to the front.

Also you are suposed to tighten down all the bolts at ride height. Keep them loose (hand tight or just a bit more) till it is on the ground.

5. cosmic.charlie

the springs came tagged with a sticker "front". if the center holes arent exactly in center then how could you correct it?and thanks for answering i will redo them myself this time. a friend of mine installed them for me as i work too much. he also has a blazer and lifted his no problem so i do trust his work, he's also stumped. so thanks again for your help

6. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about the pinion angle? By the way are you going to see the Dead in a few weeks? Im going on the 21st at the meadows.

7. cosmic.charlie

no its the thrust angle the rear axle is cocked to the right .just an axample but if i measured from the left front wheel to the rear left wheel its 37 inches and measured from the right front to the right rear it would be say 36 inches not accurate measurments just an example when my truck goes down the road the body looks like its driving crooked also a lot of vibration.and no i will probably miss this show do to working too much. i do need a show though.you mean the other ones right.have you seen them yet?

8. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I saw them in Hartford last year and have seen Phil many times. They have actually changed there name to "THE DEAD". Make sure the pins from the springs are properly seated in the holes in the spring perches. Other than that the axle should be straight. You could also check to be sure that both springs are the same, maby they shipped the wrong ones.

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    no its the thrust angle the rear axle is cocked to the right .just an axample but if i measured from the left front wheel to the rear left wheel its 37 inches and measured from the right front to the right rear it would be say 36 inches not accurate measurments just an example when my truck goes down the road the body looks like its driving crooked also a lot of vibration.and no i will probably miss this show do to working too much. i do need a show though.you mean the other ones right.have you seen them yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try swaping sides on the springs. Also measure in a X from like points. Check not only the axle but the spring mounts.

10. cosmic.charlie

yeah ill have to pull them off tomorrow im at work all day today.thanks, really i did not know they changed the name

11. cosmic.charlie

gettin tickets for the june 22nd show @ tweeter thanks for the info happier days ahead