Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear sway bar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Gopherkiller, Oct 28, 2000.

1. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Hi Guys, I pull a trailer. Anyone ever put a rear swaybar on their outfit? I have a 14 bolt full floater rearend. It would be nice to stick with chevy parts if possible. Any help?

2. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

if i remembe right the LMC truck has a rear sway bar for a blazer. or u might try and get one for a 1-ton or 3/4 pick up. not sure if they made one on them but hey its worth a shot right?

Well as it gose it gose and under it rolls heavey rubber bouncing on a head.
    (hey i'm a poet)

3. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

I really worry about those LMC and other after market sway bar kits. Not so much about them fitting, but more about the diamiter and the steel the sway bar is made of. Here in Detroit, we are having a problem with those hotrod Mustangs snapping the sway bars under heavy exelleration, and poking holes in the fuel tanks! Really cuts down on your fuel economy!

4. JunkYardCrawler

You can try and get one off a 3/4 - 1 ton truck. like i seid not sure if they came with them, but it might work. or u can get one custem made. i have firend who did that for his duster and its as thick as my front sway bar.

(hey i'm a poet)

5. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Hey JunkYard,

What does your poetry say. I've been trying to figure it out every time I see your post.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

6. JunkYardCrawler

hey 79 guy my little poem is "Well as it gose it gose and under it rolls heavey rubber bouncing on a head. " its not much, but it works right?

(hey i'm a poet)

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I've tried to figure it out too. What does it mean?

90K5