Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear t-case seal problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Jul 24, 2003.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

the seal where my driveline slides into the t-case seems to be leaking. what is this seal called and what is involved in changing it. just a seal puller or is it more difficult than that. thanks.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

what t-case is it??
    241/208/203/205

they should all pretty much be the same if you have a slip yoke. just pop it out, carefull not to damage anything. get the number off the seal and take it to your local parts store.

if it's a fixed yoke you have to take the yoke out first.

i usually put a very slight (paper thin) coat of silicon around the seal. it'll act as a lubricant as it goes in and sealer when it dries.

ARQ.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not sure what happens on the other t-cases, but when my 205 t-case to tranny adapter seal failed, allowing the t-case to overfill, the seal started to leak.

Make sure the t-case fluid level isn't too high before replacing a seal that may not be the real problem.