Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear tail pan

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CAPTAINK5-CT, Sep 27, 2000.

1. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

Got the tail pan in the mail today. Seems to be of high quality. Any suggestions on installation? I plan on at least checking with a local body shop to see what they'll charge.

2. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering if you were talking about a roll pan or a replacement section for the rear of your K5?I thought about a roll pan for mine but I beat it up too much.

Chuck Dirks
    81 Blazer
    Colorado,USA

3. Woodman89

Woodman89 Registered Member

You must be talking about the piece that goes under the tailgate. Besides taking careful measurements, I would suggest using a lot of seam sealer to fill in the gaps between the bed and tailpan afterwards. Are you planning to remove the gas tank to do this? Also did you get it from JCW or LMC or other? Let us know how much they tell you at the body shop. Your truck must look like mine does!

4. CAPTAINK5-CT

I'm talking about the piece of frame where the tail gate mounts. I went to a small body shop/general repair shop and was told it's to big a job. He refered me to another shop. I'll be going there tomorrow.

5. CAPTAINK5-CT

Yeah, that's the part. I got it from JCW and it seems very good quality. I went to a small body/general maint shop and was told the jobs to big. He referred me to a shop he uses for all his heavy stuff. I'll be going there tomorrow.