Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Tire Carrier

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hayduke, Aug 20, 2000.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

hey all,
    i'm looking for a rear spare tire mount, a swing away style if possible. but i don't want to shell out the $$ just yet. i hit up a few yards now and again and see many on all the dead Buncos. i was just wondering if there were any made for K5's or am i gonna have to save up for the new bumper/tire carrier combo?
    thanks...
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com

2. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i got one from a guy named Fredd on this site. its a Valley, and it mounts on the back passenger side corner...he sold i to me for $65....so try the company Valley for one...
    Kelboski

3. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I got one I pulled off my 79 Blazer...$40 you pay shipping...e-mail me if interested! Larry

4. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

Hey Wheels you still selling the spair tire carrier ? I'm very interested, what condition is it in and how much do you think shiping will be? Please get back with me asap because I was going to go and buy one and if I could get yours that would be great.

Thanks

5. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Still have it. It's in decent shape, may need some minor sanding and a little paint, but its all there and was working when I took it off earlier this year. Shipping shouldn't run more than $10 UPS. You will have to drill holes in the body (3 above and three below the right tail light) and then a few in the tailgate for the latch mechanism (If they aren't already drilled from a previous carrier).

6. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

What size tire can you mount on that valley tire carrier? I had thought of getting one but didn't know if it would hold a 35x15x15

7. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

it'll hold a 35 or 36 i think