Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear tire carrier

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Dec 12, 2003.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I would like to put a spare tire carrier on the rear bumper, instead of in the blazer. Is there anyone who make a kit to do this? Would a bronco setup work from the junk yard?

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4x4 Iron makes a very nice rear bumper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The ones that bolt to the body are only good up to a 33" or so before it will start tearing up the body

3. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Do a google search for 'kennesaw mountain bumper'. They have a great looking replacement bumper/spare tire mount that I'm drooling over. They run about $500, but look to be worth it.

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Stu is your truck drowning in that picture?
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. big k5

big k5 Registered Member

You may want to check out your local welding shop.I wanted to do the same thing ,but instead I had one made that goes in a draw tite reciever hitch.It ran me about $195,but I can easily remove it when i don't want it.I also run 39.5"s & it supports one just fine.one thing that I did not do & wished that i had tried is using a ROUND pipe the same diameter as the square hole in the reciever hitch.this way you could remove the locking pin & rotate the tire down easily. ???? maybe this helps ???