Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear wheel spacers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1TUFF89, Jun 22, 2000.

1. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

Has anyone bought or installed the rear wheel spacers that are shown in the Product Reviews section? I am considering them, but would like to "hear" some thoughts on them. I have 33" BFG's and it sure would look better if the rear tires tracked with the front tires.

Chevy's RULE!

2. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

I bought the exact same wheel spacers that are in the product review page. I love the way it lines up the rear tires with the front. I have no complaints yet.

http://k5junkie.coloradok5.com/

3. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

NICE truck, man. My '89 has the following: 15X8.5 CenterLine Hellcats w/33" BFG All-Terrains, new exhaust from manifolds back w/new high-flow converter, Flowmaster muffler with duals out of each side, new dash, Kenwood CD player, and new carpet. My next plans are to get 4" lift springs all around w'35" tires. Thanks for the input.

Chevy's RULE!

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

I have them on mine as well, they are tuff as hell. I have just installed moser shafts in mine and the shop that did the gears put them back on with an impact, could not get one lug off, rounded it with a 12 pt socket, then a 6, finally beat on an 18mm socket and it rounded as well. I could not beleive the stud would not break. Anyhow, I had to cut the adapter off to remove it (77 bucks including shipping for a new one) It was tuff as hell to get it off. Made of some good stuff and my Beast aint light. I also run 35's

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ouchhh, Dep. That bites!!!!
    Ohwell just chalk it up as another "busted part" or "trail trophy"[​IMG]

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I bought the spacers shown in the review page off of Steve when he converted to the 8 lug axles. I have had no problems with them and my Blazer has 35's and gets used on the trail regularly.

7. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

Guys that have spacers - How rough are you on your trucks? How many miles have you had the spacers on for?

Hey 1TUFF89 - What headers do you have? Any problems w/oxygen sensor fit?

8. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well, I've broken two front axle u-joints in the last 4 months, if that gives you an idea how it's used. I also run 35x12.50 tires. There isn't that many miles on the spacers, probably only 2,000 or so, since it's not a daily driver.