Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear wheel spacers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aksidentproan, Feb 20, 2002.

1. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Ive got a first gen but i thought id post here anyway cuz this is the same for everyone. Does anybody have wheel spacers for their rear axle to make up for the width difference? Any downside other then bearing wear? Where did you get them and how much do they cost. I need my rear tires to go through my front tires ruts so i can keep her goin straight through the mud pit[​IMG] Thanks

1970 Blazer, <font color=orange>ORANGE</font color=orange>, 3-speed manual, 33's <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/aksidentproan>Love Shack Pictures</a>

2. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Do you need 6-lug or 8-lug? My friend has some good spacers for 8- lug he wants to sell. They are 2 1/2" I think. Let me know.

Will

'72 C10, originally 2WD, 6"Springs f+r, Dana 60 f+r, Lock-Right front, welded rear, 4.56s, 350, SM465, NP205, 39.5" TSLs, ORD crossover steering

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I ran a set of 1.5" wide rear spacers from Performance Tire &amp; Wheel on my 10-bolt for a couple of years (1 year w/ 33's and 1 year w/ 35's). I never had any problems and was doing some fairly serious trailriding about once per month. There is, at least used to be, a write-up on the CK5 home page about these. Actually, the spacers in the article are the exact same ones I had......I bought them off of Steve when he converted the UAV to 8-lug and then sold them to another guy on this board when I went to 8-lug last year.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm thinking about getting around spacers by buying new wheels. I want 15's anyway, and can get 2.5 backspacing on my rears, 3.5 up front. That should push me 2" out overall on the rearend right? Anyway, this is my philosophy.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I have the same spacers from the My Jimmy with all her projects!

6. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

you just wont ever be able to rotate, and i think the actual difference is 3 inches overall
    there still is a write up under the product reviews section, i just order a set on monday, hope to see them today or tomorrow, $150 total including lug nuts and shipping
    chris

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I did notice an improvement in tracking when running in ruts, or trying to straddle them, after I put the spacers on. I'm hoping to get an 8-lug set sometime in the future, just need to use the $150 or so for other things on the truck right now.