Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear wheel spacers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79tx4x4, Jan 10, 2001.

1. 79tx4x4

79tx4x4 Registered Member

I heard that I can put spacers at the back wheels that can match the front, do I have to change the wheel studs too? where could I find those spacers and the studs, anything I have to be beware of. thanks

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Check out the review of these spacers on the main page. No, you don't have to change studs as these spacers have a separate set of studs built into them (as in the spacer is bolted onto the axle with the original studs, then the wheel is bolted onto the spacer via a separate set of studs that are pressed into the spacer themselves). Several people on this board, including myself, are using these with no problems that I have heard of.

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

No problem what so ever, here is a link to get you some.

http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Will putting the spacers on create more stress on the bearings, seals etc, since the tire will be farther away than stock or does 1.5-2" make that much difference???

[​IMG]

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Yes they will put a litle more stress on the bearings but no more than a offset rim will. I have the performance wheels ones that I ordered from the link in the tech section here on CK5. I got them made 1,5 inch wide. IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER, I cant belive I waited so long to do this. Becky Jones at Performance wheels was really nice to deal with. Tell them you got the information here at CK5 and give a litle back to this great place...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>

6. 84Blazr

84Blazr Registered Member

I got the wheel spacers that they reviewed on CK-5 and they are great! The added stress by the spacers will not be too much to handle unless you go much bigger than 1.5". they are definatley worth it and very simple to put on. Good luck.

Know any GOOD Wheelin' in Northwest Jersey, let me know?