Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear wheel tubs too small?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by chvyhs, Apr 11, 2004.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

While I was at our last Big Dawgs club meeting I noticed that the K5's have larger rear wheel tubs than our Subs. Has anyone else noticed this? I think I might have to put larger tubs back there just so I can get full stuff before I go to the Rubicon this summer. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Your kidding me, I've never really looked so I haven't noticed. I'll have to compare my burb to my sisters K5 when I'm over there today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Hmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

The wheels start turning in my mind /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Haven't compared the wheelwells, but I know I plan to remove the dip for the spare tire....

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

TIME TO COLLECT ALL THE K5'S WE CAN GET OUR HANDS ON AND STEAL THEIR REAR WHEEL TUBS!!!!! See, sub guys can have crazes too. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

6. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

what about a trucks wheel well? I think those are pretty deep also. Does anyone have one that they can check? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i think im just gonna fully tub mine, you can buy sheetmetal tubs in jegs and summit, then ill capret them and eliminate the spare tire hole. and not even put the 3rd seat back in.

8. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

This is true. The whole rear of the tub is different that a blazer. I ran in to this problem when I cut my rears. I want to cut more but can't. I'll get some pictures of them.

I think whats gonna happen is me taking the rear tub off a 76-91 blazer and putting it on my suburban. So then I have bigger rear wheel openings and a removable top. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I just went out and look at the suburban. I supose I could cut more out, but it would require taking more out the of the inner fender than I want to.