Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window canopy seal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Sep 10, 2002.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone happen to have used the LMC piece? Apparently no one else makes them, you can't get them from GM anymore, and I need one!

Just wondering if anyone has bought an aftermarket one, which brand, and how did it work? (this is the large seal that you force into the window channel on the fiberglass, for the rear rolling window)

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I bought mine from LMC, but then again it was for my burb, and mine screws in. Works really good, and good quality.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

well, if whoever they are using makes both the Sub and K5 seals, then I'd expect them to be of similar quality. Fit was fine as well? (not too short, too long, too wide?)

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

the one i got was a perfect fit...now i've got form molded ends where the seal meets the tailgate, don't know if the k5 is the same, and mine also screws into the top with like 7 screws. But yeah, nice tight seal when the window comes up.