Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear window doesn't go up level

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MXmastermike, Dec 23, 2001.

1. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

rear window doesn\'t go up level

I recently purchased an '85 K5 Jimmy with a manual crank for the rear window, and the window rolls up fine until its a few inches from the top, and then the right side keeps going but the left side wont go up any more. I haven't taken the tailgate apart yet but I'd like to know what I can expect when I do, and how much it might cost for parts.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: rear window doesn\'t go up level

Welcome to the best 4X4 site on the web
    BTW you are the 4,000 registered user of this site...Congrats. Now about the tailgate...when you pull the cover there should be an arm going to each side of the window, make sure both bolts are in each side. easiest way to see without being a contorsionist(sp?) is to lower the tailgate then roll the window up.
    As for parts you can easly find those on here too, just search the for sale forum.
    Again Welcome to the addiction.[​IMG]
    Also fill out your profile please, you could be the guy next door and we would never know. It helps us help you.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

pull the cover off with the tailgate down. roll the window up 1/2 way. check the rollors and channels. channels rust, the rollors break apart. maybe your lucky and it only needs grease. The rollors and channels are still available at gm parts. not much $ either. My local chevy dealer stocks them.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

4. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. 4000th user eh? I guess thats pretty cool... do i get a prize? If not well its still cool, this seems like a geat place for help with the rig. Thanks again.