Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear window doesn't roll down completely

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BranndonC, May 30, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

rear window doesn\'t roll down completely

My rear window doesn't roll down completely, it stays up about 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch and i don't like this. can i fix it?

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Re: rear window doesn\'t roll down completely

do a search on rear window..lately I have been trying to fix mine, and I remember reading a post about this- there is some "stopper" thing down in the bottom of the tailgate that gets messed up, full of junk and stuff...I don't remember the entire post, but it's out there somehwere.

Mine sticks up 1/4 " I measured it yesterday when it was down, because of the posts lately about people with this. You can tell Summer's here! Everyone's got back window questions!!

Brandy

3. Krase

Krase Registered Member

Aye, there is a rubber like stopper at the very bottome of the window, you can remove it and will allow thw window to go almost all the way down, but after that i can't get mine any farther. i have like 3 centimeters to go, but by "golly" I will get it all the way down even if i have to cut the top of the window off!!!!! HEHE.

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

just pull the top off for the summer and take the window out and put it somewhere safe. Thats what I do cuz mine sticks up about an inch and a half.

5. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

yall are lucky- idont have a rear window, so if it rains(and it does in georgia) then i am screwed. if it turns out that you have to replace some things, maybe look in to a soft top- thats what im doing.

6. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Mine goes down until about an inch left, then stops. I figured out that if I just keep pressing and releasing the down button that it goes down about a mm each time until fully down. Its wierd that it wont do it unless you press the button repeatedly. Maybe that will work for you, just tossing it out there.