Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

#$%@^ rear window driving me insane,help please!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear, Apr 11, 2005.

1. bear

bear Registered Member

Help me please....this thing is driving me nuts...I already did a search but didn't find much on this particular problem. Here's the deal: rear window quit working....no power to motor. . motor only 1 year old. I have replaced the switch on the dash, run new wires to the motor, shorted out the safety switch, and checked all moving parts. regulator cable snapped after I used the drill once too many times in raising/lowering the window while working on it. so I replaced the regulator cable. finally got everything to work....motor spins in both directions....but now the brand new regulator cable I put in just spins too, I can feel it vibrating at the motor and where it attaches to the transmission thing.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do now? I got the new cable from LMC and it worked 2 or 3 times with my drill but now I got nothing.....

thanks in advance...Bear

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

im guessing that if you feel it spinning, but its not moing the regulator, that its snapped somewhere.

3. bear

bear Registered Member

ok, here's another question..........

with the window stuck in the down position, how am I going to install a new cable into the transmission........it is now behind the glass.

any ideas guys????

4. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Unbolt the glass from the regulator and pull it out , there are only four bolts holding it there , easy fix
    As for the rest of it :dunno: you will have to check it out

5. bear

bear Registered Member

thanks for the help.....don't know why I didn't think of that........I have taken every piece of this thing apart and put it back together so many times that I am dreaming about it and can picture it with my eyes shut......guess sometimes you overlook the obvious!

Bear

6. redwood

redwood Registered Member

Ive got a manual rear window and it quit working because of the little plastic rollers breaking. I couldnt find any replacement parts so ground them of and drilled out a hole where they used to mount and bought some rollers from the cabinetry section at ACE or Lowes (dont remember). They are the ones used for drawers and such on a desk and they bolt in. I couldnt find any that were the right size so I got some that had the teflon outers that had enough meat on them to be sanded down to the proper size without tearing into the metal (kind of a PITA but doable with a little patience) put it all back together and it works AWESOME. Less resistance than the original ones and I only had to buy the 4 rollers. It took me an afternoon but it was way worth it. It should work with the electric also but I have never torn one of those apart. Good luck.