Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear window electrical question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, May 6, 2002.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

My power rear window goes down from the button up front, but not with the key. I took off the panel on the talegate from the inside while the window was up, but couldn't see a way to get to the switch box, or relay or what ever it is that is broken, i also tried to pry the silver box on the outside of the talegate that the key goes into off, but no luck getting to it. does anyone know how i can do it my self, now that i started working on my truck, i don't want to pay anyone else to do it again!!!

2. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

I think there are a couple of nuts or bolts that hold it in. They should be accesable form the removeable panel on the tailgate. Im not 100% sure about this but I think I read it somewhere on here. If Im wrong someone please correct me. Good luck.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i saw 2 nuts, but i couldn't remove them without removing the whole power window hardware (gears, wires, window ect...)

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yes i can help you hear!! i am in the prosses of rebiudling my tailgate..to get to the lock on the outside of hte gate..yes you do have ot take the window/ gears out to get to that. and there are to bolts that hold it on form the inside. doing this is not hard though..gears just come of with a few bolts...and the window comes of by unscrewing the bottom of it form the two arms that suport it. if you have any questions e-mail me at zonz_99@yahoo.com !!

Bryan

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Actually you can access them without removing anything, you just need to get the window in the right position. The gears have access holes in them so you can get to the bolts that hold the switch on.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i have a question that kind of coninues to this.. were the HELL does my other plug for the power tailgate plug INTOOO man i cant figure this out...only thing i can think of was maybe i melted them of when i was cutting the tailgate of iwht the torch!!??..theres the big plug for the tialgate..k i got that..then theres that little one pronged orange one..and there IS NO place to plug that into..and i also noticed my rear left taillight rght were all that stuff is is not wokring..could be a blub but i dont think so..any one have a pic or could tell me if i DO have something missing for the tailgate plugs?

thanx..

Bryan-later

7. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

8. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

That would be the safety switch that prevents you from raising the window while the tailgate is down. It connects to the latch on the inside of the gate on the driver's side.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

AHAHHHH ok thats what it is..hmm dont rememeber unpluging that..but yea that would make perfect sense! thanx a bunch man!!

|Bryan-later