Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rear window gasket

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coreyd, Oct 18, 2004.

1. coreyd

coreyd Registered Member

quick question, on my 90 burb, the back side glass in the lower corner has a metal piece in it, what is this for , is it needed, and if it is needed could this cause water leaking inside if it is rusted. The reason I ask is I have replaced all rear gate gaskets and weatherstrips and I am still getting water in the right rear corner, where one of those metal corners are just about rusted out all the way.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Those metal corner pieces are the clips that hold the weatherstrip cord in place that actually holds the window in the weatherstripping. I don't actually think you're getting a leak from there. Mine is leaking very slightly in that same corner and I've actually found my leak(haven't fixed it yet tho /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif ). Look up at the top where the roof panel actually bolts to the tub half. Burbs are prone to leaking in those back corners and around the windows right there.