Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window Guide Question.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Apr 27, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

O.k. on my old 77, my rear window guides long ago lost all their felt. Has anybody found anything that you can replace it with that lasts. The stock replacment parts are new guides with new felt, they dont last any longer than the originals, the problem is that metal guide on the bottom of the window chews the felt out as it goes up and down with the window.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

2. espen

espen Registered Member

Hey
    I have not tryed this fix myself but I reinstalled the guiding felt in a door that came back from painting once. It is basicly just a slide-in rubber hotdog bun, the window being the hotdog...okay To my point: The felt from any door should be long enough to be cut and installed in the guiding-shims in the tailgate. Then maybe grinding down the sharp edges on the metalpart on the window. You would be changing the fuzzy original with a rubber one but I dont think that will be a disadvantige. sorry, bad spelling I know.
    Maybe it will work.
    Espen88k5