Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rear Window Guide Question.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Apr 27, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Has anybody found a material to put into the metal channels that guide the rear window up and down? You can get the stock guides new and they come with the felt, but the darn felt is wore off in less than a year, I have never seen any felt only offered for these channels.

Anybody got any ideas?

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I wonder if teflon would work better?

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dep,

Are you talking about the Tailgate inner and outer weather strip? It goes in between the rear window and helps keeps the water from going into the tail gate and also keeps it from shaking and rattling around when you have the window half open. Well, if you're talking about that, then you can get it from JC Whitney for like 39.95. I bought that not too long ago and installed it in my 75' and works great. Or are you talking about the piece that is connected to the Hard top? It hookes into the channel into the hard top and keeps the window snug up top when you roll it all the way up. If you're talking about that, then you can get that from Golden State Pickup Parts (www.gspp.com) or LMC (www.longmotor.com). Hope this helps yah.
    Boss